An integrated marketing comms campaign to launch the RenewArt event for the Three Lakes Cultural Trust.
Three Lakes Cultural Trust
Launching a new event for the Three Lakes Cultural Trust.
The Three Lakes Cultural Trust was developed with a bold vision in mind: to strengthen the arts and cultural identity of the Queenstown Lakes District by supporting and advocating for local artists.
When Covid-19 hit, most of these artists were left out of work and uninspired, while the hard-hit community of Queenstown was at breaking point with hundreds of job losses, abrupt business closures and an uncertain future.
The idea for RenewArt was conceived. An exhibition designed to uplift the community through two of life’s great pleasures – art and culture – was just what the district needed in October 2020.
We needed to reach the artists and cultural practitioners
of the Queenstown Lakes to invite them to apply to become part of RenewArt. We also wanted to inform locals about the events and create a buzz in the community.
Such a heartfelt campaign needed an intimate, bespoke approach. We enlisted the help of trusted mainstream media to communicate key messages and our strategy of crafting a range of compelling and exclusive story angles and marrying each one to the most relevant channel and journalist was a tremendous success.
Scope Media also developed all communication on RenewArt – from web copy, social media content and flyers – to ensure messaging was consistent.
The powerful impacts of this personal approach enabled us to reach all of the client’s brand/business and communications objectives. On a society level, we helped people feel good at a time of great need – and achieved widespread brand awareness for the Three Lakes Cultural Trust.
- 43 pieces of media coverage in prominent, high-impact national outlets including a double-page spread in the New Zealand Woman’s Weekly and a pre-recorded interview on Radio New Zealand – reaching more than 550,000 people.
- 100% positive sentiment in media coverage
- Generated more than 100 applications from artists to produce works for the RenewArt events
- Helped TLCT spread the message to raise $180,000 from local charities and Creative New Zealand to renumerate the artists
- Influenced 100 people to volunteer at RenewArt
- Successfully launched the crowdfunding koha initiative and raised $4100
- Attracted more than 2000 people to the RenewArt events
- 100% positive sentiment on social media
About Scope Media
Scope Media is a boutique marketing communications consultancy that specialises in digital PR. The consultancy helps brands gain visibility through the power of authentic storytelling, personal connections and digital insights. Scope Media offers strategic communications, crisis communications and reputation management, community engagement and stakeholder relations, digital PR, media relations and media releases, editorial and special publications, website copywriting for SEO and digital advertising.